Skin ageing is a natural process in which the collagen and elastin that maintain our skin tight and youthful begin to break down, resulting in wrinkles.
Wrinkles are caused by a decrease in cell production and cell quality over time. Unfortunately, we have little influence over these elements; while food and supplements can help to slow down the process, they will not be able to stop it.
Environmental factors, such as pollution (e.g., smoking) and sun damage, are mainly beyond our control.
Here are 20 simple techniques for reducing wrinkles and slowing the ageing process.
1. Stop smoking (it's number one for a reason).
2. Wear sunscreen every day, whether it's cloudy or sunny, and avoid sunbathing.
3. Drink approximately 8 glasses of water per day to keep your skin hydrated.
4. Use anti-oxidants and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) in your skincare.
5. Skin should be moisturised twice a day.
6. Reduce your stress levels. (Try reading, jogging, or meditating for 15 minutes each day.)
7. Reduce your alcohol intake. Overeating can put a lot of strain on your system and speed up the formation of wrinkles.
8. Consume a healthy diet that includes a variety of fruits and vegetables.
9. Every night, get at least 8 hours of sleep.
10. Three times a week, eat fish. It's good for your skin and overall wellbeing.
11. Consult your doctor about supplements; your diet may be missing in some essential nutrients.
12. Apply an eye cream nightly to the delicate skin around your eyes.
13. Use facial scrubs on a weekly basis to remove the build-up of dead cells that can cause wrinkles.
14. Use natural skincare products that will hydrate and nourish your skin while also providing it with enough of vitamins and minerals to keep it looking young and healthy.
15. Jojoba oil is similar to the natural oils found on the skin. Keep wrinkles at bay by applying this around the eyes.
16. Take vitamin C supplements and use vitamin C found in some products to help increase your collagen levels.
17. In your twenties, start a healthy skincare routine. It is easier to prevent than to cure.
18. Honey is well-known for its health benefits all across the world. Use a honey mask once a week. Apply honey to your face and neck and keep it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off. This mask will "feed" nutrients to your skin.
19. Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the capacity to keep the skin from drying out and are used to increase the elasticity of the skin.
20. Lying on your back with your knees elevated by placing a pillow or cushion beneath them is a calming technique to help achieve a wrinkle-free face.
When you're watching TV or reading, try to do these tips.